Wednesday, September 5, 2012

==> ...of REALITIES ...and INSPIRATIONS


FIRST, I am NOT an AMERICAN.


SECOND, if I were and I had a chance to vote for the American president 4 years ago… I would have voted for another candidate in the primaries.

THIRD, I am NOT a big fan of politicians. I, more often than not, wear the hat of “The Queen of Cynicism” when politics becomes the topic of the day.

FOURTH, I don’t and cant write an entry on this blog simply because… I want to. In fact, I need a huge amount of inspiration, emotional connection, even anger… to goad me into writing. and now,  im feeling none of those things.

SO, how the heck has this woman managed to move me enough to write something… anything today!

This is how it happened… I opened my TV… which is as usual already tuned in on a news channel when I turned it off last night…. OH, it’s the DNC and given the reasons I already stated above… you know I’m sooo not into that ! I was about to change channels and a mom was called onstage… She gave a very short BUT VERY EFFECTIVE speech that turns out to be an introduction of the current American First Lady… long story short, she managed to stop me from reaching out for that remote control.

Out came The First Lady of the most powerful nation on earth *sorry china, you STILL have a long way to go. Someday maybe… if you play your cards right!*… anyway, I like her dress BUT it was when she opened her mouth to speak that I was awed... that I was glued to that channel! holy cow...with that speech… SHE HIT THE HOMERUN AND THE BASES WERE LOADED!!! I mean… what is not there… it was a complete speech. It was inspiring… the story sounds and feels real… it was simply worded for your average american voter... it CLEARLY defines who she and her husband are as people… their values… character… their vision for themselves THEN,  and their dreams and aspirations NOW for the country.  The MATERIAL*speech* and the PERFORMANCE*delivery* was simply... OUTSTANDING!  i expect the "other party" to put all kinds of spin as i write this to diminish the success and impact of that speech BUT there is one thing they cant' take away... there are speeches and there are speeches... and this one HAS A HEART ^^

NOW, whether she means what she says and says what she mean IS ANOTHER QUESTION… if it was ALL AN ACT... if she was spawning nothing but LIES… but then... SO WHAT?  They all lie anyway ^^ hehehehe… Clearly, for this pinoy whose say in all these DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING at ALL in the United States presidential elections… SHE MANAGED to impress me with her speech… its content… its delivery… its theme. At the very least IT WAS INSPIRING… and when a public speaker manage to inspire her audience like that… mannn… half the battle is already won!

NOW… IF I were an American would I vote for her husband? H*LL YEAH, and not because of his first lady’s speech BUT because the other guy looks like a total fake… LET US NOT FORGET WHAT POLITICAL PARTY WAS IN POWER AND AT THE HELM OF YOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN YOUR COUNTRY AND THE REST OF THE WORLD GOT INTO THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!   of course,  the realities of this particular election is The Economy, The Economy, The Economy*stupid!*.  AND,  this questions is ALWAYS being asked during a presidential election and it will be no different now... "are you better off today than four years ago?"    HEY,  I could be wrong BUT I would sooo hate for you guys to “get out of the frying pan and straight into the fire!”… I’m just sayin’ ^^  *i cant' believe im beginning to sound like im campaigning for someone here ^^*

I think I better stop now before my Republican friends scalp me alive with my opinionated opinions about a subject I have no business meddling into …to begin with ^^ as a last word, just a food-for-thought: A LEADER SHOULD INSPIRE HIS/HER FOLLOWERS… SO… MICHELLE OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT… someday maybe???


*credit to the uploader: ABCNews